Re: pigment prints again

Charles Berger (cb@ultrastable.com)
Tue, 27 May 1997 15:49:14 -0700

Hello Klaus, you wrote:

> thanks for correcting me. I must apologize for forgetting to mention your
> products. But, as far as I know the sensitizing you use requires screened
> negatives.

While the UltraStable process has been asociated with the use of 4 color
screened (or stochastic) separations, several printers are successfully
using the pigment films with continuous tone separation negatives. Bob
Pace (BPace10552@aol.com) has recently completed his book on making
continuous tone negatives for the UltraStable process using only three
colors (without the black) that you may find to be of interest.

. Your process might also be
> less tedious than the classic process.

In addition to being non-toxic, the presensitized UltraStable pigment
films are little affected by variations in heat and humidity - a
characteristic of dichromate sensitzed carbon films. Also, the
UltraStable system features precise and mechanical registration of the
multiple color layers while the "classic" process requires that each
color be registered by hand and eye.

Charles