Re: Luminosity

Dwight Shackelford (bubbha@hooked.net)
Sat, 07 Jun 1997 16:01:08 -0700

Judy Seigel wrote:

> However, I'm glad you mention ceramics. Photo or not, glazed ceramics
> have a glorious "luminosity" that makes anything on paper, tricolor, or
> sculptured jello mold, seem dead next to it. I would hesitate to show any
> kind of print next to ceramics (although that seems beyond the scope of
> the original question).
>
> Judy

This might not be beyond the scope at that, being the original
questioner. When you speak of glazed ceramics, I assume you are talking
of images "exposed" onto them, not glazed ceramics in general, or images
glazed onto the piece. I would be interested in hearing more about
"alt" images on glazed ceramics, processes, considerations, etc.

Thanks for the interesting ideas so far.

--