Re: Re:Style and Dennis AND PAUL AGAIN!!

Alexis (alexis@sirius.com)
Tue, 03 Jun 1997 14:49:20 -0700

>At 12:11 AM 6/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>I, a silver printer by trade, subscribed to this list to learn about, among
>>other things, pigment prints, which i have recieved an awful lot of info.
>>but i have also learned that PCism is still alive and rearing its ugly head
>>in america and beyond, that people in this so called "global community" try
>>and impose their view of whats the correct way to speak for everyone else
>>in the world (now americans are the PC police, as if the job of
>>"peacekeepers of the world" wasn't enough)

<<<snip>>>

to which Paul writes:

>Interesting how you use your objections about what has been posted to throw
>out a snide remark about Americans.

see previous post, and watch your own prejudice!

alexis

PS FYI, here is the correct definition for prejudice, maybe you can use it
sometime Paul.

prej-u-dice (prRj2õ-d¾s) n.
1.a. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge
or examination of the facts. b. A preconceived preference or idea.
2. The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or
convictions.
3. Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion.
4. Detriment or injury caused to a person by the preconceived, unfavorable
conviction of another or others.

-prej-u-dice tr.v. prej-u-diced, prej-u-dic-ing, prej-u-dic-es.
1. To cause (someone) to judge prematurely and irrationally.
2. To affect injuriously or detrimentally by a judgment or an act.