Re: Convert to a moderated list not!

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Sat, 5 Jul 97 19:11 BST-1

> Better yet, why don't we pick a way to mark messages that are offlist and
part of any current flame war. That way people can either filter or see
messages that or not alt-photo oriented. No one has to read them. Most mail
readers will filter a "contains" in the subject. We could then use something
like "###" in the subject header. If your message said "### Roses are red"
folks would know that it was an offlist message and it could either be
filtered or just ignored. No one is making anyone read any message.

Dick

First it wouldn't work as it would be up to the posters to decide which are
offlist etc.

Second, if your messages are offlist there is a much simpler solution. Don't
send them to the list!

Regards,

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/