Re: mail reader

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Sat, 5 Jul 97 19:11 BST-1

<< There is also an excellent shareware newsreader, Free Agent, which you can
download. Although not relevant to this group, it is a major upgrade over
the newsreaders included with Explorer or Netscape. (www.forteinc.com) >>

Agent incorporates mail and so could be used with a list like this - it it
very easy to get it sorted into an appropriate folder away from your other
mail. I think it has most or all of the normal features of mail programs. I
have been involved with beta testing it and use it for mail and news from one
of my two providers - but I need a special program for the conferencing system
through which I currently read this. Users of Compuserve (and CIX) might also
find this worth a look - as it copes with this as well as normal internet mail
& news (for which it is not as good as Agent). If you are on Compuserve it
might be worth looking at Virtual Access.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/