Re: Van Dyke Toning

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Tue, 01 Jul 1997 22:13:04 -0300

At 8:35 AM -0700 97/07/01, Tom Ferguson wrote:
>I'm sure you are correct, but I question if it would be enough change to be
>worthwhile. I remember reading about someone who did POP prints in
>sunlight, and changed contrast by putting some in direct sun, and some in
>open shade (which would be more "blue" light). It may have been Linda
>Conner???

The above test is practically irrelevant as far as testing the "color" of
the exposing light. Bright sunlight is likely to provide a much shorter
exposure than you would get in open shade. This variable alone has a
measurable effect on the resulting contrast. With dichromated systems a
longer exposure means more contrast. My books and plenty of others have
detailed discussions on this.

>Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
>Anti "Spam" return address in use, remove 2 "p"s from "pppipeline" for

I don't see the point of this since this list is not a newsgroup and the
membership list is not available to the general public off the listserv.

Luis Nadeau
NADEAUL@NBNET.NB.CA
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada