Gum research

Robert Newcomb (rnewcomb@athensnet.com)
Thu, 03 Jul 1997 14:35:01 -0400

>Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 09:59:25 -0600
>From: Richard Sullivan <richsul@roadrunner.com>
>Subject: Gum research
>To: alt-photo-list <ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS-L@skyway.usask.ca>
>Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
>
>I am about to embark on a research project on gum. I would love to develop
>a magic colloid, perhaps a mixture or colloids, that will make predictable,
>easy, beautiful grainless, flakeless, full bodied carbon like images. (Oh
>yeah, right!)
>
>Normally you would want to define some qualities and gradually work towards
>and test each quality and try after a while to incorporate them all into
>one gum mixture.
>
>The problem is to define the qualities and how to test them on an
>individual basis.
>
>Any ideas on what these qualities might be and how to do some objective
>testing?
>
>Dick Sullivan
>

>Bostick & Sullivan
>PO Box 16639, Santa Fe
>NM 87506
>505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857
>http://www.bostick-sullivan.com

Wouldn't it be magic if a beautiful Gum print could be made with only one
printing.
I realize that multiple printings allow some special controls over areas
within the image, but being able to do it in one printing w/o the bother of
registration problems would also make my day, year...
Robert Newcomb
Watkinsville, GA.