Re: APIS, Next time

Karl P. Koenig (kpkoe@swcp.com)
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 21:10:15 -0600

>At 17:10 17-07-1997 -0600, you wrote:
>>Carlos: I wanted to let you know that Photo Techniques (the magazine) will
>>soon carry an article on the APIS meeting. I referred in it to your work
>>in kallitype but also gave your name and e-mail address as the person to
>>contact for the next APIS (assuming it is in Portugal). So, forgive me if
>>you don't want people writing you about it...they will I am sure. I hope
>>you will keep me up to date about APIS in Lisbon as I would like to write
>>about it for a future issue. Karl Koenig (Gumoilist)
>>

>Karl,
>
>Sorry for the delay, but I was away for the weekend.
>
>Thank you for doing so. Inspite of my request for people to write to me in
>support of the next APIS being held in Lisbon, so far I have received zero
>letters.
>I am working on the program and the dates, and I shall keep you informed.
>
>I shall be looking forward to buy Photo Techiques. Sometimes it arrives in
>Portugal.
>Do you know when your article will be published?
>I am also preparing an article about what I presented at Bath.
>Do you think that Photo Techiques might be interested?
>
>Best
>
>Carlos
>Carlos Gasparinho
>e-mail: nop51076@mail.telepac.pt

Carlos: I am sending this to the list as well as to you since it seems to
have general interest. I, for one, vote for Portugal. I have never been
there and would love to see the country, the photography and the fabulous
new arts center. Are the rest of you APIS eligible people listening?
Write Carlos.

The PhotoTechniques piece (with three images from the conference including
one of us all on the grass at Lacock Abbey) will come out in the next
issue. It is already in press. If you can't get it I will send you a
copy. In it I say the next APIS will be in Portugal.

I think the editor, Mike Johnston, is always looking for interesting
articles and images. So I would encourage you to send it to him. He
recently carried an article on Kallitype so may feel he has already done
enough on the subject for a while. I mention your work in the article so
maybe that will pique his interest. In any event, there are other journals
which may be ready for one...Camera Arts for example. PhotoWork appears to
be totally dead and gone. Otherwise they would have been a prospect. Karl
Koenig