Re: Help

plainair@mindspring.com
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:56:32 -0400

NMValla@aol.com wrote:

> Any idea where to find alternative photography workshops in NY City? Thks.
> Nadia Valla.

The Soho Photo Gallery, which is the oldest Photography cooperative
gallery in NYC, has a regular series of 1 day workshops which include
cyanotype, palladium and sometimes gum bichromate. These are not
extensive courses, but they do allow you to get your feet wet (lets not
forget pedography), see basically how the process is done, what is
needed and how to contact Bostick and Sullivan. And they're cheap,
($50). These are usually held in the late fall and in the spring. If
anyone contacts me off-list I will be glad to send them a copy of the
next schedule as soon as it is available.

And speaking of Soho Photo, the gallery has quite a number of
alt-processors and the summer group show, up now, has at least 2
cyanotypes and maybe 9 or 10 platinum/palladium prints. The gallery is
at 15 White St. 3 blocks south of Canal St. and is open Fri, Sat &
Sunday 1 to 6. Come on by.

DonB
Plainair@mindspring.com