Re: Strange Thing with Step Wedge

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:00:03 -0300

At 2:08 AM 97/07/25, FotoDave@aol.com wrote:
>I do understand that the enlargement will not match the original steps, but
>as mentioned in my original posting, the thing that perplexed me the most is
>that going from the supposabably lightest step to the darkest step, the
>enlargement actually goes from light to dark, then **lighter**, then dark
>again.

Out of curiosity, did you try contact printing?

This reminds me that I read somewhere, about 10 years ago, that step wedges
were made by some carbon process, in part because of the nature of the
pigment that could be employed. It was more desirable than a silver image
for some purposes. Does anyone know how step wedges are made nowadays?

Luis Nadeau
nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada