Re: Agfa Scala

Wayde Allen (allen@boulder.nist.gov)
Tue, 05 Aug 1997 08:36:46 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Richard Knoppow wrote:

> This is probably off topic but there seems to be a better knowledge base
> here than at any other source available to me.
> Does anyone know for certain what Scala is, that is, is it a conventional
> silver reversal film or chromogenic or what? Has anyone had success
> processing it in her/his darkroom?
> e-mail me direct if this is too off topic.

Scala is a chromogenic film and uses a non-standard developing process. I
believe that there are two or three labs in the US that will develop it,
but since I've never used it myself am not sure. I have seen references
to home made developing kits for this film, but haven't talked to anyone
that has tried to develop it themselves.

Hope this helps.

- Wayde Allen
(wallen@boulder.nist.gov)