Re: Contact Printing Frame

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:21:23 -0400

At 01:40 PM 1997/09/18 -0500, you wrote:
>The only way to get good contact is to use vacuum. I've tried other
>ways and you can see the difference in sharpness between a mechanical
>frame and vacuum.

At the recent APIS (Alternate Photography International Symposium) the
opposite was demonstrated and seemed to me to be a handier alternative. Air
under pressure is introduced into the frame, which is easier than trying to
maintain a vacuum. Perhaps another member of this group can provide more
details, as I am not in a position right now to go dig through my notes!

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@iag.net