Re: Sheila Metzner's "Color"

Dennis Klinker (DennisKlinker@denklik.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 23:52:27 +0100

In message <Pine.3.07.9710231220.A16886-a100000@login>, Art Chakalis
<achakali@freenet.columbus.oh.us> writes
>On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 FotoDave@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Has anyone seen this book? I would like to know how many (percentage wise)
>> images are reproductions of Fresson prints relative to regular
>> silver-gelatine or color prints. The book is relatively expensive, so I would
>> like to find out more before ordering. Thanks.
>>
>> Dave
>
>I believe that the entire book is of Fresson prints . . . thats the good
>news. The bad news is that the reproduction of a Fresson print in this
>manner looses most of the prints beauty (not unlike many of the
>alternative processes).
>
>You may want to get the book through interlibrary loan to look it over
>before buying a copy.
>
>Art Chakalis
>Columbus, Ohio, USA

While the book color by Sheila Metzner ISBN 0-944092-15-2 published by
Twin Palms Press in 1991 is a beautiful book you should also check out
Objects of Desire by Sheila Metzner ISBN 0-517-56234-0 published by
Polaroid in 1986 and i believe that that companies products have a
strong bearing on the final coloration and i think the illustrations are
better in this book than colors from a true Metzner affectionado.
--
Dennis Klinker