Re: Dye Transfer printing

Jim Yorke (yorke@synopsys.com)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:05:47 -0800

>In a message dated 97-10-22 02:51:15 EDT, ah@panix.com (Andy Hill) writes:
>
><< If anyone knows whether it is still possible to have dye-transfer prints
> done, please let me know. >>

>At 09:12 AM 10/22/97 -0400, FotoDave@aol.com wrote:
>
>I believe Ctein still makes dye-transfer prints. I came across his Web site
>one day and noticed that he said he bought enough supplies so that he could
>continue to offer this service. I don't remember his URL now, but I am sure
>you can find it by searching for Ctein and dye transfer.

The URL for the Ctein web site is:

http://www.plaidworks.com/ctein/

I'm not certain if he makes prints for others. My understanding was that he
had purchased sufficient materials to supply his *own* needs for the next
20 years (!) but I didn't think he was necessarily in business to make
prints for others.

Visit his web site. I'm sure his email address is posted on there somewhere
and you can contact him directly. He's certainly the man to talk to if
you're interested in dye transfer.

-jim yorke