Re: photocopier toner and ceramic imaging

Domenick Mirando (DOMM@delphi.com)
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 23:38:58 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, George Mackie wrote:

> ............. ...The technique is to turn off the copier after it has
> made the image on the paper but before the paper has gone through the
> heater to fuse the toner in place.

George---

This brings back some memories. Around 1983 I bought a used Xerox 2600
to experiment with. After learning how to open it up during its cycle,
(It had a safety shut-off switch), I decided to build a 15 amp, zero-crossing
(works when A.C. voltage is at 0 volts so no sudden rush of currant to
screw up anything), timer shut-off. Exact time of shut off was 8 seconds.
This way I didn't have to put up with opening the machine while running.
(High Tech)

After days of building the timer, I discovered that the electronics within
the Xerox machine clashed with the timer. All it did was hum.

Then I found a 15 amp. spin switch (like an egg timer) for $1. that did the
job. (Low Tech)

Later I just unpluged the fuser. (No Tech) Fuser bulbs are made to be replaced.
This was the best solution because I could just spit out copies.

Thanks for the memories. ;-)

---Dom