Re: Toner and ceramics

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 11:19:28 -0500

At 08:31 AM 1997/11/13 -0700, Richard Sullivan wrote:
>Might work with that dry Alps thing that Sil was
>experimenting with last winter. Regular ink jet might turn out like Monet,
>who knows.

ALPS makes a special plastic material which takes the image in reverse,
which can then be transferred to any medium (including ceramics, I would
imagine). Someone might like to experiment to see how much heat the
transferred image will take during firing. The pigment is in a plastic
base, and the plastic certainly would fire off. Be worthwhile
experimenting; I can't do it as I'm not into ceramics, but I'd be willing
to work with someone in return for agreement to publish an article for the
PSA Journal, if successful.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@iag.net