Toner and ceramics

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 08:31:23 -0700

At 09:43 PM 11/12/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Luis Nadeau wrote:
>>
>> First of all, instead of trying to possibly electrocute or fry yourself
>> getting to the paper half way through the process, couldn't you use some of
>> the transfer materials designed to put images on t-shirts? I suspect that
>> all of the pigment would transfer nicely.
>
>Now I remember. In his workshop, Les Lawrence talked about decal paper
>that is made for copiers and laser printers. The full amount of toner
>would be fused to the decal, which should make the fired image much
>darker.
>--
>Dennis M. Southwood
>dms1@home.com

And now I remember. We used to use the backing paper for Avery labels after
the labels had been removed. Slick as ...... No, that'll start another war,
but anyway slick as the Dickens. The toner sticks, but just barely. We used
to make fairly good t-shirt transfers from the original H-P printer, the
one with 512 k memory. Should work with any laser printer and I wonder what
ink-jet would do. Might work with that dry Alps thing that Sil was
experimenting with last winter. Regular ink jet might turn out like Monet,
who knows.

Dick SUllivan
Bostick & Sullivan
PO Box 16639, Santa Fe