Re: Clearing prints and asthma

Hamish Stewart (hamish@s054.aone.net.au)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 21:14:59 +0100

I read these posts with interest, but have a specific questions regarding
Sodium Metabisulfite, which I use for clearing Gum Prints. I can't find
any info about the toxicity of this chemical. But last Saturday night,
while I cleared a batch of around twenty prints, I could feel some
irritation to the throat and nose from the fumes. Being silly I didn't
even think to grab the respirator. The following day I had an intense
cough and a running nose.

Do you have any comments regarding this chemical - and yes next time I
use the respirator.

Cheers
Hamish