Re: Clearing prints and asthma

Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 16:23:31 -0800

At 09:14 PM 11/18/97 +0100, Hamish Stewart wrote:
> [...]
Being a sometime asthmatic I was unaware that Carbon dixoide could set it
off in some people. Carbon dioxide is the gas in carbonated bevarages. I
am most sensitive to Sulfur dioxide, the rather sharp smelling gas emitted
by ordinary fixing baths. Presumably Sodium Metabisulfite could be a
source of this in combination with other chemicals.
----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.
dickburk@ix.netcom.com