Re: Re Scanners

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 12:49:29 -0500

At 11:33 AM 1997/12/11 -0500, you wrote:
>Richard, et al
>
>I consulted a fellow more knowledgeable than myself, and here are some
>hints:
>
>" ... it *could* be a SCSI ID conflict ... it's likely ...
>home PC's that are full of hardware ... that use up all the
>available interrupts.

This is 'way off topic, but there seems to be some interest.

A SCSI board in a PC uses only one interrupt, which means that 6 devices
can use the same one. If there is an interrupt problem, Win95 will scream
about the incompatibility, so that shouldn't be a problem. I have a SCSI
machine, and (though I think SCSI is obsolescent, but still in operation
due to Mac's lack of another system) problems are normally due to two
situations: improper termination, and device conflicts (i.e., assigning the
same ID to more than one device). I have never had the problems with
interrupts that I have had with the finicky SCSI system. Note that Iomega
finally got smart and shifted over to IDE for the PC from their favorite SCSI.

Good luck.

<<sil>>
<silh@iag.net>
<webmaster@psa-photo.org>