Re: Only the first sip

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 10:11:39 -0700

Dave,

It is impossible for me to imagine anyone who has the intelligence to be
able to get on and read messages off of this List, that doesn't not know
that cyanide is poisonous. It one of the first things we learned as kids,
the danger is as much common knowledge as the danger of jumping off of
buildings is. If you were to do a test and asked people to name a poison,
number one on the list would be cyanide. it is probably the only one half
the population could name.

Your intent is honorable, but Jeese, give us a break. If anyone has gotten
this far and doesn't know that cyanide is poisonous. is in grave danger of
being killed any moment by a host of far more subtle dangers.

With respect.

--Dick Sullivan

At 10:42 AM 1/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
><< >Doesn't cyanide also taste like almonds?
>

> Just the first sip...
> >>

>!!! Cyanide is DEADLY poisonous !!!
>!!! Cyanide is DEADLY poisonous !!!
>!!! Cyanide is DEADLY poisonous !!!
>
>Please don't joke like about it! I think we are assuming that everybody knows
>about this fact, but maybe that is not true. We don't know who is reading the
>list. People from all over the world subscribe to the list. We just don't
know
>what everybody's knowledge is. If it just so happened that one person who
>doesn't know decided to taste the almond taste....
>
>Of course we will never know if he / she did because we will never hear from
>him / her.

Bostick & Sullivan
PO Box 16639, Santa Fe
NM 87506