Re: Damage to alt-photos by scanning

Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 01:00:01 -0800

At 05:22 AM 2/12/98 +0000, Jonathan Bailey wrote:
>Greetings-
>
>Many of us would appreciate the more conservative use of sending
>attachments to the entire list.
>
>I might suggest you make available this information on a request basis,
>sent directly to the interested party.
>
>Thank you for your understanding.
>
>Jon Bailey
>St. George, ME

It appears he is using Microsoft Mail, which sends formatting information
along
with the message. I suspect users of this program and some others, like
Netscape, which can send HTML, don't realize that they're sending all that
junk along with the mail, sometimes tripling the size of the text files.
They probably also don't know how to turn it off :-(
----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.
dickburk@ix.netcom.com