Re: appyling platinum solution

Eric Neilsen (ejnasn@laplaza.org)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 21:03:09 -0600

Yes, it is true that the foam brushes do not last long. I use a new one
every time I do coating. One for each day on all critical work. I have
yet to see how anyone can coat a 16x20 piece of Beinfang360 with a glass
rod.
As for the emulsion/sensitizer saving, If you don't get a good coating
it doesn't matter. the glass rods do provide a good tool for many,
(even me on some occasions), but for most printing sessions the saving
is not all that great. The bristle brushes work fine too, and last for
years, but loose hairs which waste time, either spotting or picking them
off after the sensitizer is applied.

What other papers have you used? You may need to increase up to 20%
more solution to get a good coating. I also didn't see if you use white
or a color/natural version of the paper. the white works well but is
still quite absorbent.

--
Eric J. Neilsen
505-758-8868