Visa payment Re: Secret, DON'T READ THIS

Luis Nadeau (nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca)
Tue, 02 Jun 1998 14:57:31 -0300

At 11:07 AM 98/06/02, Richard Sullivan wrote:
>Pardon me for asking what might be a dumb question but why not use Visa or
>Master Card? We do tons of foreign business and almost never get into bank
>stuff. If you just pay with a credit card all that is taken care of invisibly.
>
>--Dick

I personally have a Visa Merchant account and it does simplify "foreign"
business greatly. Anyone with a good credit can get one until you mention
to your banker the dirty words "Internet"; "mail-order". Then half the
banks will say a flat NO and the other half will say "maybe, but we'll need
a $25,000 security deposit, etc." Some banks want a minimum of $1,000/month
business, and others have other requirements. I eventually managed to get a
pretty good deal but it wasn't easy. I understand that things are even more
complicated in the US.

In a couple of years there will be two major currencies in the world: The
Euro and the US dollars. Things should be a lot simpler then.

Luis Nadeau
Fredericton, NB, Canada
Visa cards accepted;-)