Re: Vandyke Variables

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Mon, 08 Jun 1998 08:58:09 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Patricia Garner wrote:

on papers and VDB: I also noticed a hughe difference between different
papers: some of them "bled" a lot, i.e. a lot of the emulsion washed off
in the fixing solution (after already a short time, you shouldn't fix long
anyway), others worked perfect, i.e Canson Fonteney

> I totally concur. And the paper I've been using is Arches, primarily.
>
> Query, though, has anyone tried alternate development in Cyanotye and then
> VanDyke? Like, one on top of the other. If so, any changes in the
> chemistry?

...I did combined VDB and Cyanotype: first VDB and than Cyanotype, not on
top of each other, worked perfect...

> Trish

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html