Re: Oops (was CMYK Separations, (was: Color, CMYK, etc.)

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 02 Jan 1999 17:13:08 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Peter Charles Fredrick wrote:
> PhotoDave wrote
>
> >>This is just my sharing of information. I am not always right, I am not always
> wrong either, and I am not obliged to test everything and report to the list.
> I am just sharing what I know or what my experience is at current stage. I am
> not an expert. I am a beginner, and I have said that several times on the
> list. When I post, I don't mean to say that others are wrong or that I know
> better than they are. I am just sharing. Lately I have been criticised that I
> am claiming expertise, argumentative, etc. etc. so I am gradually fading into
> lurk mode. It takes time to type all this in. Why am I doing this? Sharing all
> I know just to get criticised?<<
>
> Dave my friend don't let the grouches get to you, there is always someone
> moaning about this or that. You are one of the shinning lights of this
> list, and a role modal to us all, kind, helpful, cheerful, and honourable.
> Over the years you have made a huge personal contribution, this list would
> be a poorer place without you. So cheer up mate, and, as we say in the UK.
> don't let the bastards grind you down.!
>
> Happy new year and keep those e;mails flowing

Thanks for that Pete -- you said what I'd meant to say only you said it
more eloquently and while I've been distracted from the really important
issues of the world (alt photo and this list, natch) by analog calamities
(not on this spot, but fallout enters this zone, like the cornstarch poof
reaches the Newton Rings) and haven't even, if you could believe, been
online for 2 days.

Aside from the many times Dave has been helpful to folks on the list, not
to mention to me personally, I am struck by the extreme MODESTY in one who
knows so much.(I mean, the moment I learn some of that stuff, I'm going to
FLAUNT it !!) In fact the only time I recall Dave showing the least little
bit of, what should I call it, OK, let's say *attitude*, was once when
offlist I FOOLISHLY asked him if he knew how to chart a curve. Now
obviously it was only his extreme modesty that could possibly permit such
a question, and his answer was quite mild, given the affront: He said,
"Hey, I'm FotoDave!"

But the sad truth is the world contains folks who launch computer viruses,
drop freshly chewed gum on the floor of historic monuments -- and vent
their bile as poison penpals. I won't continue for fear of embarrassing
Dave, but, to echo the sentiment above, if I remember my Latin: Non
illegitimati carborundum, or words to that effect.

cheers,

Judy