Re: Digital reply

FotoDave@aol.com
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 02:29:23 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 99-01-09 17:15:11 EST, nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca writes:

> I keep hoping that something close to these results can be obtained from
> negs produced with low-end ink-jet printers. They work fine with relatively
> short scale processes but I have not seen anything close to a full scale Pd
> or Pt print on smooth paper.

I think it is difficult to obtain that result with ink-jet printers.
Manufacturers keep improving resolution, but I dont think they are doing much
to increase the black density of the ink because around 2.0 is already good
enough for normal print, but such density is not enough for printing binary
Pt/Pd print.

DS