Re: FWD: re digital enlarged negs/output

FotoDave@aol.com
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:27:57 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/10/99, AM 08:33:11, cjweese@wtco.net writes:
<<Does anybody have *current* experience with them? (the above clip is
from '96.) I can't find anybody in the Hartford/Springfield area with
a 4800dpi imagesetter, (3360 is the onIy one can find) so I'll have to
go 'mailorder'. Do they still exist?>>

Evercolor doesn't exist anymore. I am bad with names, but tThe person who used
to run Evercolor now runs a company called Evercolor Fine Arts. I don't know
if this is their alias (or DBA in business term) or if it is a completely a
new company. When I talked to them about 2 years ago, they no longer make
evercolor pigment prints, but the person said they were trying to resurrect
it. The now make direct computer to color paper exposure through laser
exposure system (Fuji 5000 or something like that). The result is a
photographic color paper but the process is not standard RA-4, and it is said
to last longer than RA-4 prints.

If they don't make the pigment print anymore, I don't know if they still do
imagesetter output.

The person who invented the evercolor pigment process, Bill something, is not
in this new Evercolor Fine Arts. He runs another company who also does exactly
the same thing as Evercolor Fine Arts. He advertisess in View Camera magazine
(the company's name is Lightfast something).

Sorry that I can't remember all details.

Dave