RE: OT:Bruce Davidson's Pictures

Herold Faulkner (faulkner@redshift.com)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 23:00:03 -0800

Another good way to get grain is Tri-X in Rodinal.

Hal

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Keller [mailto:keller@wvinter.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 1999 6:05 PM
To: Mac Legrandi; alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
Subject: Re: OT:Bruce Davidson's Pictures

I dunno, I bet TriX in HC110 could look grainy. Sharp, but grainy!<g>
There's always TMax 3200. Remember too, a lot of that stuff might have been
pushed. Also, be sure to use a condenser enlarger and contrasty
paper.

Mac Legrandi wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I saw a Bruce Davidson show in LA of his: The Brooklyn Gang. These are
35mm B&W from the 50s. The images are grainy and contrasty. 5x7 & 8x10s. The
films today are so good you really can't get that effect.

> Anyone familiar with his images and how I can get the same effect?
Obviously the contrast is not the problem. Any special film and developer
combos?

--
Michael Keller
Old + New Media