Re: nuArc Lamps

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:59:44 -0700

I've been researching this area myself.

The most complete source I've found for this stuff is Pureland Supply:
http://www.allmalls.com/purelandsupply/?table.

They have ballasts for the bulbs.

The problem with mercury vapor over metal halide is the warmup time. * mins
for MV and 1 min for MH. MV is cheaper and may be worth the wait.

--Dick Sullivan

At 05:42 PM 1/11/99 -0600, Eugene Robkin wrote:
>I've just acquired two brand new nuArc KT38 lamps from my friendly
>neighborhood world champion surplus dealer. According to the nuArc web
>site these are rated at 6000 watts at 30 amps and list at $275 each. 6000
>watts ought to tickle your fuses something wonderful.
>
>As far as I can tell these are mercury vapor discharge lamps and should
>operate at much lower power levels if they can be made to start at all. I
>think I know how to do that but before I blow the things up experimenting
>(playing) with them I'd like to know if anyone on the list can use them or
>if anyone knows a list or a web site where I could post a for sale/trade
>notice and maybe turn them into even better toys.
>
>It is probably best to reply off-list, escpecially if you think this kind
>of notice is out of bounds here. In that case only a few people on the
>list get to know about the surplus surprises.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Gene Robkin

505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857
<http://www.bostick-sullivan.com>http://www.bostick-sullivan.com