Re: Gordon, Help! (Archive Problem)

Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:59:03 -0600 (CST)

Hi all:

The U just "upgraded" their email software, including the package that is
used to run the list and archive the messages.

This upgrade seems to have broken the archiving tool.

When I archive messages I email them to a specific address that no one
else has the ability to use.

I archived a bunch of email messages earlier today, I'm guessing that many
more people are going to get archive notices

The archived messages are not supposed to go to anyone on the list.

I'll notify our systems people that things are not working properly, and
apart from an occasional test message, I'll stop archiving messages.

Gord

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 FotoDave@aol.com wrote:

> I just got 32 messages from ARC_ALTPHOTO@skyway.usask.ca!
>
> Most (or all?) of my messages on contone couldn't go to the archive, so for
> those who objected them, please feel comforted that you won't even see them in
> the archive. :-)
>
> (no sarcastic mode here, just joking, seriously. Hmmm.... can one joke
> seriously?)
>

> Dave :)

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
Tel (306) 966-4433 University of Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
                                Canda
                                S7N 5E2