Re: Improving Contact

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 03:59:54 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 FotoDave@aol.com wrote:
> Judy, do you know if Canal Rubber Supply sells the soft or firm foam pad? Do
> they sell in large quantity or any quantity? What is this thing called? Just
> rubber foam pad? I am asking this because I was just told that a friend was
> going to visit from NY this weekend. Maybe he can buy some for me.

Dave,

I haven't been to Canal Rubber in months, but they generally have a
variety of thick, thin, firm, soft, etc. Note that they're not open on
Sunday, but it 's a neat place. Tell your friend to buy some of their
industrial strength rubber corks in different sizes, so you can make
storage containers for solutions out of beer bottles & give the safety
police a hemorrage. Well, I'm kidding about that. I would NEVER do such a
thing. But those rubber corks are VERY handy for all sorts of things.

For what it's worth, though, I never managed to get good contact with a
standard frame larger than 8x10 no matter what I shoved into the back.
That was why I ordered special custom job from Don Ginthner, touted on
this list as doing the trick. Does it? Well, the frame is a thing of
beauty & I display it proudly, lent it to my former assistant who liked it
a lot (for 8x10). But I have never used it myself. I just find the vacuum
frame too easy. I'm a little old lady & don't have the muscle for those
super jobs -- Or let's say I'm saving the muscle to flex my brain.

PS. Is this enough content? Should I add more? Or are we content?

cheery Judy