Re: Improving Contact

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:10:54 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Tom Ferguson wrote:
> >pieces of 20X24 plate glass, the bottom one covered with black felt
> >is 1/4 inch and the top is 3/8".
>
> I need (want) a bigger size, and that sounds so wonderfully simple and
> CHEAP ;-)

 But watch that black felt in the studio. When I started printing gum I
had great trouble with black flecks in the coated emulsion. Finally,
finally, on a hunch I trashed the black felt curtains around the plate
burner & the drying racks. End of flecks!

John, do you think a sheet of black vinyl or neoprene would do as well?

Judy