Re: Cachet gelatin emulsion

Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:48:37 -0800

Subject: Cachet gelatin emulsion

>I have a student doing a project in Cachet, which is a silver gelatin
>emulsion made in Germany. He chose it because, unlike the Silverprint
>emulsion and Liquid Light, it responds to variable contrast filters.
--snip --
>If anyone can shed further light on the topic(s), it would be much
>appreciated.
>
>TIA, Judy & Jesse...

Cachet photographic paper is one of the very best photographic papers on the
market, today. I sincerely don't understand your question.

the publishers of Photo Techniques magazine have a magazine stule book on VC
Papers and the Photographic process. This is one of the most clear and
encompassing publications on this material ever assembled.

Simply stated, variable contrast or multigrade papers have two coats of
emulstion, one sensitive to green and the other to blue. By filtering the
magenta light on the surface you sensitize either emulsion more than the
other.

To make your own full-range print, use platinum/paladium.

What's the problem?

Steve Shapiro, Carmel, CA