Re: Gum questions.

Darryl Baird (dbaird@flint.umich.edu)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:24:39 -0400 (EDT)

> Sounds good! I would like to print 600 dpi with 1200 dpi printer for better
> control and for the reasons of dot overlapping (not overlapping).

I'd imagine these printers also have the ability to render more
shades of gray. I know K. Thayer is using the laser printer paper
that Freestyle is marketing, which is advertised to have a 2.0
density out of the printer...her use is for gum, but I'd like to see
this material with cyanotypes, VDB, and others.

I have a 600 dpi HP, which I'll be testing with this material in
preparation for an alt-process class this coming May, so I'll have a
better idea if the bigger printer (at 600 dpi) might truly be a
worthy investment, especially at 1200 dpi!

__Darryl