Re: Micro pipettes and K. chlorate %solutions

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:17:48 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Sil Horwitz wrote:

> At 09:00 AM 1999/01/19 -0500, Carl Weese wrote:
>
> >eyedropper. A squirt is 14 drops. Works fine.
>
> And 15 "standard" drops make 1 ml. Drops are variable; a milliliter is not.

Depends on what your "standard" is, Sil. I have repeatedly measured my
glass droppers on 2-ounce bottles (from Ginsberg Scientific) and found
them *20* to a ml.

I have also found, by the way, that different fluids measure differently.
Maybe the more viscous make bigger drops? I don't remember, but I have
found this discrepancy. Doesn't matter as long as you keep the same
material in the same bottle and note the amounts. But I agree that all
drops are not created equal.

J.