proofing negs

Dan Koons (dkoons@pld.com)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:32:33 -0600

Carl I have been reading the comments from the question you raised
regarding proofing negatives. I have only started to print in Ziatype so
proofing has been no problem because I only have a few dozen "platinum"
negs. Does it really work to print pyro developed negs on vc paper? So far
I have used old graded paper to check dense negs(naturally they were too
contrasty, but did point out if they had
promise). If so vc paper seems to be the fastest for us non computerized
folk.
dan
Dan Koons
Southwest Medical Center