Re: UV and eye safety

Hans Oosterom (hans.oosterom@wxs.nl)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 14:06:58 -0100

UV is nasty and of course everybody using it should protect her/himself
properly.
Being in the posession of a UV-meter and as well exposing with UV sources I of
course did some readings.

Don't look into the source dirtectly without protection!!!!
All reflected UV however is hardly existing, except for real mirrors.
Even glossy paper and acetates don't reflect more UV then you get directly on
a Dutch rainy day.

BUT don't see this message as an opposition to those that warn for the effects
of UV.
I'm wearing UV blocking spectacles just as a pre-caution for that inevitable
moment of sistraction that will me make looking into the source directly.

Hans