Re: Cheap scanner

Garet Denise (garet@rmi.net)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 07:41:11 -0700

What's not being said is that this is undoubtedly an INTERPOLATED
resolution. Look at the fine print for the true OPTICAL resolution,
probably 600x600 in that price range. The scanner's software
interpolates between the optical data to guess at what might be there
in your image, a task which is better performed in an image processing
program like photoshop (actually better not done at all!).

Garet Denise
garet@rmi.net