Re: archival ink for deskjet

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 02:53:05 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, cjordan wrote:

> My understanding is that some of the iris ink sets are in the 100 year
> range. I don't understand how water solubility is a marketing barrier.
> After all, aren't water color paintings a marketable medium?

A water color painting is relatively durable compared to the ink jet print
I tested 2 years ago, although they may be upgraded since. That was so
fragile that if you shed just one tear over it, it would leave a great
hole. A watercolor painting can survive a few splashes, with no staining
at all.

Judy