Re: archival ink for deskjet

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:23:58 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com wrote:

> Of course you have to gaurantee that you will reprint any and all prints
> that
> fade after a few years in order to sell them unless of course you are just
> trying to make a fast buck.
>

> Very true, but I wonder what the public's opinion would be of a product
> that goes bad every few years. Anyone who believes that this is acceptable
> to the general public, needs to get out more.

..this reminds me of a tv item about a graffiti artist: formaly sprying
the NYC metro now (still? ) an "esthablished artist", his work displayed
at Galleries. He made hughe paintings with spray canned paint, and glued
objects (trash from the street as I remember) objects to the painting and
sprayed these also. The point is that his work started to fade, and the
glued objects started to drop off, the material on which he made his
painting started to bend.

This was all accepted, and explained by the 'organic' nature of the work.
It sold for big bucks..

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html
"The Infrared Gallery"