Re: Amidol Redeveloper

FotoDave@aol.com
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:07:06 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/28/99 8:29:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lawless@vignette.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> >My intention is to redevelop negatives that were developed late in the day
> >using weak solution. They didn't come out with enough intensity, but all
> >the detail is there.

Steve,

You can contact and contact again and get a duplicate negative while
increasing the contrast in each step. You can do that with TMax film and TMax
developer. Camera film are normally developed to decrease contrast, but if
look at the curve from the technical sheets of TMax film, you can increase the
contrast too (with proper development).

But of course, if you have APH film on hand, increasing the contrast is
extremely easy! Just use D76 1+3. Since your original is so low in contrast,
you won't have any problem with the short exposure range of this lith film.

The advantage is, of course, you will not do anything to the original, so you
can keep trying and trying.

As also suggested by Liam, try the simplest method first!

Dave