Re: Exhibition of alt imagery

JOEBESSE@aol.com
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:14:11 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 2/12/99 5:18:48 PM, petermarshall@cix.co.uk writes:

<< frankly, while what you say is true, what harm is done by putting alt
> images
> on the net. i would appreciate it and think both ways is great. i say
> go
> for it if you can make it work. i think the world and cyber space
> should be
> pasted with alt images everywhere--drown post-modernism in 'em. i
> notice
> plenty of alt image makers puttin' up web sites. c'mon--just cause it
> ain't
> perfect doesn't mean it isn't useful and interesting. can't go
> elsewhere to
> look at prints every day--just trying to bring this back down to earth a
> tad?

There are a number of sites with good alt images on the web (none one mine
at the moment) and some of them do a very good job of showing the
qualities of these processes.

What is the problem with some of you people. There is also a great website
showing actual present day workers in several alternative processes. We are
not professors in Universities, but actual working photographers doing the
alternative processes day in and day out. We do not just talk a good
photograph but actually do them and are proud enough to display them on the
web for all to see. Check out this web site for actual alternative and
currently active photographers:
http://members.aol.com/sixbysixcm/photographers.html

Cheers,
Joe Besse