RE: Alt and The government

Hal Faulkner (faulkner@redshift.com)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:32:14 -0800

Dom,

This reaction occurs almost immediately.

It might be a good idea for those using this process to check local
regulations. I only mentioned what I was told a few years ago in a very
specific place. As they say on the car lists, "your mileage may vary."

Hal

-----Original Message-----
From: Domenick Mirando [mailto:DOMM@delphi.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 1999 3:14 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
Subject: Re: Alt and The government

>Chromium like a lot of other heavy metals...such as silver, copper, etc
>...can fairly easily [and with very simple equipment] be electroplated
>out of solution and sold or more easily disposed of through means such
>as public haz mat disposal programs...I am sure someone out there is
>doing mixed metals plating out -- bob

In the way that I'm set up now, a large catch sink drains into the plastic
bucket, which empties when full as necessary. I don't keep any standing
quantity of water/chemicals except for the bucket.

I suppose that I could add the sodium sulfite to the bucket if I go *slow*
and use little water to rinse, but it fills quickly...

...one question I have would be...how long must the waste water and
neutralizer set? (Hal?) Does this happen as soon as mixed?

Realtime-electroplating on the fly would pose some interesting physic
problems. <G>

---Dom