Re: Chrysotypes

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:00:52 -0500

SCHRAMMR@WLSVAX.WVNET.EDU wrote:

> Liam,
>
> Good idea. Might work. The glycerin should slow down the development.
> Glycerin was and maybe is used in brush developing of platinum prints.
> I believe they coated the print with glycerin and then applied developer
> with a brush. The glass rod should be quick. Let me know what happens.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Bob

Another approach as described recently in TNPP is to mix equal parts of
developer (potassium oxalate and "cold bath" both work well) with
glycerine and then use a small amount of this as a one-shot to develop a
pure platinum or Pt/Pd print by brushing in on--10cc or so for an 8x10.
This also allows use of ammonium dichromate in the one-shot developer
for contrast control. I've no idea how it might apply to gold-colloid
printing though.---Carl