Re: jewelia just loves paper!

C. Michael McKinney (mckinnm@host1.swosu.edu)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 18:10:16 -0600

Judy wrote,

> Developing gum, a soft-emulsion print face down on ribs will show scars,
> unless the tray is super-full of water of course...Around here, anyway.

Same thing happens around here too. I use Arches 88 and, with large
sheets especially, the ribs seemed to remove emulsion, only slightly,
but enough that *I* could tell.. I changed trays and use four film
clips on the long edge of a 20x24 sheet with a wooden dowel rod 1/8"
dia. with the clip hanger loops clamped down on the rod and evenly
spaced. I found that placing the outside clips about two inches from
the corners works better than on the corners. After developoment, the
dowel and clip assembly goes into the archival print washer to leach out
the dichromate.

TTFN

Michael