Re: Woodburytype Printing

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 12:03:17 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Richard Lahrson wrote:

I am afraid this calls for "Read The Archives", there has been quite some
discussion about Woodbury type;

The Archives:
http://www.zilker.net/~gwalker/altphoto/
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=altphotoprocess
(this is realy a nice addition next to the great job Gregory Walker does
(first link), it gives you the possibilty to search the whole archive (and
that's a lot, fooks..) on Key-words

I am certainly not the most informed person on Woodburry type, but as far
as I can tell nobody succeded in resurection the Woodbury Tpe, but Johan
De Zoete (also from Holland) and a co-worker (Jan van Dijk?) came near..

> Hi,
>
> I remember reading about the Woodbury process. Anyone know of more
> information about it on the web? This process was actually a graphic arts
> process that printed without the familiar half-tone dots. If I recall
> it used gelatin and a hugh amount of pressure from a gigantic press and
> is probably closely related to the carbon process in regards to the
> physical-chemical reactions.
>
> Rich Lahrson
> tripspud@hooked.net

Cor Breukel