Re: Color and gamma FAQ

FotoDave@aol.com
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 01:45:27 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 2/19/99, PM 02:42:55, alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
writes:
<<If anyone is still interested in all that color discussion I ran accross
this web site while browsing the web at sci.eng.color. I have no idea if
any of the info is good. This was the last word in a minor heated exchange.

The two faqs on color and gamma are VERY good but probably more for people
doing prepress work or for technical calibration or for those who really want
to know the "why.". For general photography use, I think the calibration
procedure recommended in Photoshop manual is usually sufficient.

Dave