Re: Hypersensitize me up scottie!

jewelia (jewelia@erols.com)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 02:58:36 -0800

thanks sil--charged coupled device and i looked up TV myself--got that one
yes--and i guess we are getting nittly here but since we've come this far --
might as be sure i am clear about this -- a cold camera would have
relatively "high--like hypersensitized high" sensitivity (like high
hyperfilm speed without the hyperfilm) using a CCD instead of film-- which
can through magic pink box circuits end up as an analog signal seen on a
tv-type monitor that i suppose could be captured and converted to digital or
the CCD could be set up with other magic blue box circuits to output a
digital signal to a digital monitor or i suppose written to a file or
both--at any rate this would give you an image you can see-- maybe of
something never seen or photographed before -- is there anything like this
left i wonder -- anyway, and with this image in digital form at the least--
from the digital map as the code of the image so to speak you could print
out a piece of "film" in positive or negative as appropriate for your
favorite alt medium--and whallah--make a print on paper that would last
forever--maybe?

can someone, sil or anyone tell me--by jewelia, i think she's got it? if
not, please do correct.

BTW list: i'm not just having fun -- seems to me one of the places that art
and technology meet is in instances where the technique adds to what might
be called (overexposure to complex oxalate compounds made me think this way)
the language of the medium--this i hear makes curators salivate--sure there
are other ways too. the woodbury dialogue i think was good too--i mean you
never know when some crazy alt. person might just go off and do it -- i mean
i'd love to try if i had 17 lives and the resources--if i end up in the
right spot some day--well maybe someday i'd give it a shot--but it just
seems to me we are all better off if alt processes draw more attention if
any crazy will -- i think it would be great -- and you just pick up the
darndest ideas from brainstorming -- somehow thinking just seems to effect
your work--besides the stuff i think is just darn interesting.

what are you doing up so late sil--are you west coast
night--jewelia's off to bed