Re: Printing Out Papers

Andy Buck (buckwiet@yahoo.com)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 06:12:27 -0800 (PST)

POP paper is available from Chicago Albumen Works in Housatonic, MA,
and, as Jewelia said, in a variety of sizes. I did some experimenting
with it about 20 years ago (with Kodak's POP paper).

Also, as Jewelia thought, it's Linda Connor who uses it, still. She
(Linda) wrote an excellent How-To in Lustrum's book Darkroom (1977),
which is available used. I followed her directions and got a range of
color, from reddish to brown to purple. It all depends upon the
strength, i.e. amount, of gold chloride used in the toner:
most=purple, least=reddish brown.

I've been told (but haven't seen or tried it) that CAW sells a kit
that isn't as full of knowledge as it might be. I'd recommend looking
for the Darkroom book on either www.abebooks.com or www.bibliofind.com.

Andy